- Make a modern mixtape. Curate hand-picked tracks for your honey, to let them know you’re thinking of them!
- Hand write a letter explaining why you love someone—and be specific.
- Dedicate and perform a karaoke song to your beloved. Dance moves always help.
- Goodnight love note. Hide a love note under their pillow. Better yet, make them alove note pillow.
- Go international. Surprise them with an “I love you” in another language. Usegoogle translate to get your pronunciation right!
- Host a personalized movie marathon. Arrange a marathon of your sweetheart’s favorite films from their childhood or college days. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Home movies. Use iMovie to piece together a collection of reasons why you appreciate your sweetheart and upload to vimeo.
- Breakfast in bed. You can even make pancakes or toast that say it for you.
- Written on the body. Write a love note on your body and have a scavenger hunt for your lover to find it!
- Make a love map. Not the Gottman Love Map you hear me talking about all the time, instead this time get a map and stick a pin in it for each of your travels. If you have yet to go far, stick another color in for your future travels!
- Play it out. Make a crossword or word search puzzle of your favorite inside jokes.
- Send a panty-gram. Yes. That’s what it said.
Start loving more creatively today! Pick something above, or submit your own creative way to say I love you in the comments.
Gina Senarighi works in Portland, Oregon specializing in positive psychology, living with integrity, building resilience, and strengthening relationships.
She supports entrepreneurial couples in balancing their busy lives with their relationship needs in couples retreats, communication workshops, and coaching sessions. Click here to schedule a consultation with her.